We’re looking for:
A Cape Town based, Head of content (Social Media)
About the role
We are looking for an excellent writer that thinks beyond just words and understands the kind of content people want to get from brands. The role involves helping to build compelling social media content strategies and ensuring high quality multimedia content is produced for a number of channels (but primarily social media such as Facebook and Twitter).
You will be responsible for a small team within the agency as well as working with a number of writers, designers and multi-media producers in King James and external to the agency. A large part of the role, at least initially, will involve copywriting for a number of brands so a background in advertising copywriting or online journalism will be advantageous.
As the position is within a rapidly growing start-up we expect both the platforms we work on and the type of work we do to evolve at speed. The successful candidate will need to be able to keep up with developments in social media without losing sight of what motivates and influences real people.
We are the social marketing division of King James (Agency of the year 2012). Our aim is to build communities and conversations for brands online, offline and the spaces in-between. In our first year we have worked on some of the country’s best known brands including kulula.com, Johnnie Walker, Santam, Steri Stumpie, J&B West Africa, Europcar and Capitec amongst others.
We have also established strong creative credentials with the winning of two silver bookmarks for social media. The agency has a start-up approach but with the resources and environment of one of the most respected advertising agencies in South Africa.
There is a lot of room to grow as the agency and industry develops!
• Minimum four years’ experience in either a marketing agency environment (PR/Digital or Advertising) or online media outlet
• Portfolio of copy / online content to be provided
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (primarily Facebook, Twitter)
• Strong administration skills
• Eye for detail and deadline driven
• Ability to multitask across a number of brands
• Remain calm (and good humoured) under pressure
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Good presentation skills and confidence in front of a crowd
• Drive to keep learning and regular reading around social media
• Team management skills
Remuneration: Depends on experience
Own transport required.
Please send your C.V. or LinkedIn profile to danATtheworkofsociety.com
Should you not receive a response within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.